I first discovered passion fruit jam at a sushi party in Argentina and have been making it ever since. It’s simple, delicious, and a wonderful addition to meals both sweet and savory.
This bright-tasting jam will turn your head with its bold tart flavor, maybe even your direction of sail. I have seen passion fruit jam in grocery stores but never found one that can come close to the homemade. Unfortunately it does take quite a while to cook so preparation eats propane, but I think that it is worth it at least once and a while.
Passion Fruit Jibing Jam
- 2 16-oz pks frozen passion fruit pulp or pulp from 4 passion fruits
- 1 ½ c sugar
- 1 package pectin, or 3 T (2 pkgs if using passion fruit in Australia)
- Bring to roiling boil
- Slowly add Pectin stirring constantly
- Add sugar stirring constantly until fully dissolved
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid thickens and is reduced by ½, stirring occasionally
- Pour into 2-3 jelly clean jelly jars
*If you want a sauce or soupier jam don’t boil as long